DIGITAL VIDEO EDITOR (TEMPORARY) at NBCUniversal, LLC
NBC Bay Area is looking for a Digital Video Editor to support the daily creation of digital news content. We are looking for someone who is passionate about online news and keen to quickly view stories for different platforms under very tight deadlines.
The right candidate is a savvy digital content creator with strong Adobe Premiere and After Effects skills. You need to be familiar with the user behavior and nuances of engagement of each major social media platform, and understand how to edit effectively for each. Experience working in a fast-paced newsroom environment is a plus.
The digital video editor will work closely with our digital correspondent to produce and edit daily social media briefs. They will also be assigned daily tasks of one-off news videos which can range from short social media videos to short summaries of OTT stories.
- Edit daily digital video content
- Edit Briefs / Shows for Multiple Platforms including: Website, OTT, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok
- Change news video assignments for fast turnaround time
- Download finished content on all platforms
- Write titles and summaries that accompany video content
- Create thumbnails
This is a 6 month temporary position.
Impress us with your work. Include a cover letter and three examples of your video storytelling work in your app that demonstrate creativity and a willingness to think digital first.
Qualifications / Requirements