Director of Photography / Videographer / Content Creator
Cheer Squad is a Melbourne-based video production company.
We shoot a wide range of content for our clients, with an emphasis on what we call people-driven storytelling.
As we grow, we seek to expand our roster of talented filmmakers/videographers/content creators primarily to serve our clients in the architecture and design industries.
We want our clients to enjoy working with us, and how you are on set is just as important as your technical skills.
If you’re a talented content creator, a confident individual, and someone who is committed to getting the job done to the highest standards, we’d love to hear from you.
- Highly creative and technically excellent cinematographer/videographer required
- A passion for design and architecture is a plus
- Team player, with a commitment to delivering the best possible finished product
- Can work to solve problems both independently and under direction
Although the list is not exhaustive, here are a bunch of things we look for:
- Being able to wear many hats – shooting, audio, drone
- Know your craft and deliver technically excellent and highly creative work
- Interpret briefs (sometimes vague) and ask the necessary questions to ensure an excellent creative result
- Be confident, articulate and diplomatic.
- Being able to take customer feedback into account, with the ability to communicate why something can or cannot be done.
- Knowing and understanding our customers and their business, and how we can help them achieve their goals
- Ability to manage Cheer Squads business requirements with desired customer outcomes
- Work with clients to ensure we execute the brief correctly and deliver what they need
- Be confident to work independently and have the ability to take responsibility
- Be confident working with different types of people/personalities and adapt as needed to ensure people have a great experience
- Know the creative goal and do whatever it takes to ensure we can deliver.
- Have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to meet deadlines and manage expectations
- Be a committed team player, with a desire to be part of a cohesive team working towards a common goal
- Understand and contribute to the creative vision of Cheer Squad, striving to achieve it.
We offer a friendly, flexible and supportive environment and are happy to work with like-minded people to deliver the best possible job.
Whether you are looking for a full-time position, a part-time position or simply freelance work – if the above sounds like you, we encourage you to apply. We have multiple opportunities as we work to expand our roster of shooters.
Apply below or email [email protected] with the subject line “Lead Shooter Role” – include a bit about yourself, your work history and a link to some of your recent work.
Looking forward to hearing from you!