Junior video editor / videographer job at Hodinkee
HODINKEE is a growing brand and media store that makes watches accessible to everyone. Over the past decade, founder Ben Clymer has built HODINKEE into a thriving creative business. Our team now consists of writers, editors, designers, photographers, podcasters, engineers and many other key players who strengthen HODINKEE’s position as the most trusted source for news and products. watchmakers. We have a website. An application. A podcast. A magazine. A retail business. And more. HODINKEE’s goal is to bring readers and consumers the best of wristwatches in an accessible, authentic, honest and fun way.
What you will do
As a video editor and videographer, main responsibilities include: filming and editing video projects in order to create polished, high-quality content for editorial and social platforms; involvement in the ideation and pre-production of video projects within the HODINKEE video editorial team.
The right candidate will be able to work both independently and with the HODINKEE video team to provide high quality resources in a variety of styles and locations, both in the studio and in the field, at levels national and international, and be able to work independently and with the HODINKEE Video Editorial Team to bring projects to publication.
- Edit a wide variety of video projects – from short social clips to long docu-style chunks – in Adobe Premiere Pro for posting to HODINKEE.com, YouTube, and social media channels.
- Focus on video projects in the production and post-production phases, but also offer input in the ideation and pre-production phases
- Conduct interviews and conversations with multiple camera setups, including lighting and audio setups
- Film b-rolls in studio and ad-hoc studio setups
- Take pictures as needed
Who are you
- A multidimensional content creator with a strong interest in video production and visual storytelling, and a willingness to learn. Attention to detail, a clever approach, an interest in the subject and a willingness to carry out high-level projects are expected;
- A video editor with over 2 years of experience in transforming raw footage into highly polished finished products; demonstrated understanding of history and storytelling; and strong journalistic and creative instincts;
- A shooter with over 2 years of experience and demonstrated technical aptitude with a range of equipment and technologies; demonstrated knowledge of lighting and audio configurations. Experience in photography a plus;
- Self-motivated initiative with great attention to detail who can function independently to create high-quality content, solve problems on the fly, and multitask under tight deadlines;
- A reliable and dedicated member of the HODINKEE team who demonstrates good judgment in a variety of circumstances. Interest in watches is a plus – along with the desire to learn more.
HODINKEE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all walks of life.