Kerrang! is hiring a videographer/editor — Kerrang!
Kerrang! is looking for an experienced Videographer and Editor to join our growing team. The role will start three days a week in our London office.
As part of the Kerrang! team, you will help bring our original and commercial video projects to life. But it’s not just a supporting role, you’ll also be able to take the lead on shoots when needed.
You will work with the creative team to produce and develop our K! Pit Video Series as well as the development and production of new video franchises. It is important that you have a strong affinity with the Kerrang! world and a deep love and understanding of alternative culture and music.
You will have experience in the video production process, from pre-production to final editing.
While additional skills such as basic scoring, animation, graphics and streaming knowledge are a bonus, we are also happy to help develop these skills for the right candidate (as well as any other creative interests) .
This is a role for someone who is forward-thinking, proactive and enjoys working in a creative and collaborative environment.
How to register
Applicants should contact [email protected] with their complete CV, a cover letter explaining why they want to join the Kerrang! team and what to have the Kerrang! attitude means them. Please attach relevant examples of your work and remember to put the job title you are applying for in the subject line.
Closing date: March 4, 2022
- Excellent knowledge of video equipment (cameras and lighting) used in the studio and on location. Knowledge of Sony Alpha cameras preferred.
- Mastery of video editing on Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Experience with multi-camera editing.
- Understanding of basic color grading (experience with DaVinci Resolve preferred).
- Understanding of audio recording and editing.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud suite (mainly After Effects, Audition, Photoshop).
- Demonstrated mastery of lighting, shooting and composition techniques.
- The ability to visually explain concepts through treatments and storyboards.
- A solid command of the English language.
- Precision and attention to detail.
- A professional approach to respecting time and deadlines.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Shooting and editing Kerrang! video content.
- Maintain quality consistency across all video content.
- Installation and storage of camera and lighting equipment.
- Direct filming where necessary and maintain the Kerrang! style.
- Deliver and develop current and new video franchises.
- Work with the Kerrang! team to develop a video for social media.
- Creative editing on commercial projects.
- Exporting videos in correct formats and downloading.
- Downloading and monitoring premieres for Facebook and YouTube.
- General production and coordination of shootings.
Kerrang! is committed to creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We make continuous changes to ensure that all voices – especially those of minorities – are not only heard, but supported and celebrated. We encourage people of all races, colors, religions or gender identities to apply.