OpenShot Video Editor 2.6.1 – Neowin
OpenShot Video Editor is a free and open source video editor licensed under GPL version 3.0. OpenShot can take your videos, photos and music files and help you create the movie you’ve always dreamed of. Easily add subtitles, transitions, and effects, then export your movie to DVD, YouTube, Vimeo, Xbox 360, and many other popular formats. What really sets OpenShot apart from other video editors is the easy to use user interface.
OpenShot has many cool features, such as trimming and organizing videos, adjusting audio levels, transitions between videos, composing multiple video layers, chroma-key / green screen effect, and support for most formats and codecs.
Key features of OpenShot:
- Cross-platform (supports Linux, OS X and Windows)
- Support for many video, audio and image formats (based on FFmpeg)
- Powerful curve-based keyframe animations
- Desktop integration (drag and drop support)
- Unlimited tracks / layers
- Resize, scale, crop, snap, rotate, and trim clips
- Video transitions with real-time previews
- Composition, image overlays, watermarks
- Title templates, title creation, subtitles
- 3D animated titles (and effects)
- SVG compatible, for creating and including vector titles and credits
- Scroll film credits
- Solid color clips (including alpha composition)
- Support for rotoscoping / image sequences
- Advanced timeline (including drag and drop, scroll, pan, zoom, and snap)
- No Frame (Key Mappings: J, K, and L Keys)
- Video encoding (based on FFmpeg)
- Digital zoom of video clips
- Time-mapping and speed changes on clips (slow / fast, forward / backward, etc …)
- Custom lumas and transition masks
- Audio mixing and editing
- Presets for animations and keyframe layout
- Ken Burns effect (artistic displacement on an image)
- Digital video effects including brightness, gamma, tint, grayscale, chroma key (blue screen / green screen) and many more!
- OpenShot offers many editing and compositing features and was designed as a handy tool for working with high definition videos including HDV and AVCHD.
Highlights of OpenShot 2.6.1:
- Automatic migration of cropping keyframes from 2.5.1 projects (adds cropping effect and sets equivalent keyframes). 100% backward compatibility.
- Title editor: TAB between fields
- Fixed Windows drive letter regression, where saving projects to a different drive than the assets would lead to corruption. 2.6.1 will also repair any corruption detected in the * .osp project files.
- Fixed many broken language translations (pt_BR, sk, lt, ko)
- Updated many language translations to 100%:
- Simplified Chinese)
- United Kingdom English)
- Gaelic; Scottish
- Traditional Chinese)
- Improved language translation test scripts and added automated tests to loudly fail GitHub PR if translations are broken
- Protection against many uninitialized variable errors reported by Sentry.io
- Muting a loud warning from the thumbnail server
- Prevent divide by zero error when resizing video preview
- Updated credits and contributors
- Bumping version to 2.6.1 (minimum libopenshot 0.2.7, SO 21)
Download: OpenShot Video Editor 2.6.1 (32 bit) | 165.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: OpenShot Video Editor 2.6.1 (64 bit)
Links: OpenShot home page | Help Guide | Other operating systems
Be alerted of all our software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware