Senior Designer / Video Editor / Creative Lead – Food Media
You love food. Who doesn’t? But does your love of food come with experience, understanding and passion for creating highly engaging digital campaigns, filming, editing videos and optimizing content for various consumer platforms and social?
Do you enjoy adding your own creative flair to the projects you manage, from planning to publishing? And are you meticulous in your execution, bringing confidence among your peers that the job will be done and done well
If this sounds like you… read on!
Whisk Media Group specializes in producing strategy and content for brands operating in the consumer cooking and food sectors; FMCG, industry groups, appliance brands and more.
We have an opportunity for a highly motivated senior designer with experience in multimedia and video production to join the Whisk Media Group production team.
Working directly with the client and content teams, this role will be responsible for a range of design projects, video production and digital marketing campaigns for the biggest brands in the consumer cooking and food industries, including including our own sister publishing platform, myfoodbook. You can see a sample of our work on the myfoodbook YouTube channel.
You are a good team player/collaborator who can develop ideas, but also an enterprising person who can work independently. You are looking for an opportunity to own projects and be a key member of the team.
There will be days when you work from home, days in the studio and other days when you join the team at our office which is based in the beautiful town of Manly (NSW), a five minute walk from the wharf and transport, as well as shops, cafes and of course, the beach.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to design and execute multiple design campaigns for key client projects
- Effectively plan, communicate and execute design concepts considering their use across multiple channels
- Film and edit content that will support brand building and drive target consumer engagement
- Encode and export final video products as needed for website or client owned properties
- Maintain streamlined and organized project files
- Manage time effectively while creating the highest quality work under tight deadlines
- Manage shot lists for video shoots, working closely with our editor and client teams
- Create and deliver exceptional results for our exceptional clients with the respect that their success is directly linked to our success!
- Experience in content production including graphic design in a publishing and/or consumer agency environment
- Good understanding of the nuances required when editing for social platforms (Facebook, YouTube Instagram, etc.)
- A keen eye for turning a limited amount of inventory into a vast collection of assets
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite and/or After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro or any other relevant editing software
- Demonstrated skills in creative and sound video/multimedia production, including experience in camera work and editing abilities
- In-depth knowledge of video recording equipment including cameras (DSLR), microphones, tripods, lights and other related devices
- Familiarize yourself with broadcast regulations, such as copyright, and ensure all content is compliant
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to safely and securely archive all finished video content
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure to manage and deliver multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role with a good understanding of online/digital marketing campaigns
- An understanding of HTML is not required but any coding ability, as well as photography skills would be a bonus!
The successful candidate will be creative, think outside the box, thrive working on multiple projects, pay close attention to detail, and strive to be at the forefront of innovation in new media techniques.
The successful candidate would be expected to have at least 2 years of experience in a similar hands-on video design/production role and have a tertiary qualification in multimedia and video production, or similar field.
Please submit a copy of your resume, including a demo reel of your video work as well as any animated graphics you may have. In particular, we’re looking for a showcase of your experience working with branded food or content.
All applicants must be permanent residents living in Sydney where the studios and offices are located.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide work visa sponsorships at this time.