Social Media Designer/Video Editor – Cynopsis Media
(n) grī/ō, ‘grīō: Journalist. Historian. Praise singer. Poet. Musician. Conservative. Storyteller.
TheGrio, is a video-centric digital news community dedicated to giving voice to trusted frontline personalities who inspire us every day, and new perspectives that defy convention because there is more than one way to be black. We believe that a well-informed community better determines its own interests. Thus, TheGrio’s editorial mandate is to focus on news and events that have a pronounced impact on a black global audience. We unabashedly explore culture and entertainment, health and lifestyle, politics and politics, business and empowerment, science and climate, technology and innovation, and everything that matters to we. From Kampala to Atlanta TheGrio is black culture amplified.
TheGrio strongly strengthens its writing. It is an investment in the core competencies of the business. These jobs will primarily be based in New York and Atlanta. Some of the positions will be opportunities to work from other cities or entirely remotely. Byron Allen, CEO of Allen Media Group, said, “TheGrio is the leader in fearless journalism and inspirational storytelling about black people. No other black medium has our cumulative audience or impact. This is a natural growth of our brand sponsorships and editorial partnerships for TheGrio content across digital, mobile, streaming, podcasts and social media.
TheGrio is looking for a Video Editor/Media Designer to edit original and compelling social video and graphics content for all social platforms. This person will primarily work with Grio’s social team on daily news content. She must therefore be adept on all major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok) and able to create the graphic appearance of editorial packages and content. We’re looking for a creative partner, who doesn’t just execute edits, but is willing to contribute recommendations and ideas. This role is an essential part of our daily editorial operation and is for a candidate who is passionate about news and creating original content. It is essential that this person has excellent judgment on news covering a range of topics, including black culture, politics, entertainment, social justice, health, business, higher education issues, etc.
The ideal candidate should have expert video editing and graphic design experience, and a portfolio that demonstrates their ability to deliver engaging work. The candidate must be able to edit under deadline pressure and optimize video content for digital audiences.
- Design and design creatives for social media campaigns, including templates and motion graphics and quarterly aesthetic refreshes
- Production and editing of TikTok videos and Instagram Reels
- Contribute to bi-weekly social team brainstorming meetings
- Work with the social media team to create more engaging design videos and content for Grio’s audience
- Manage the production of all deliverables from design to completion
- Constantly seek new design methods and techniques to keep the Grio brand relevant and competitive
- Defines and edits the video daily in collaboration with the production teams
- Skillfully edits video content to suit the styles of each social media platform with a deep understanding of audience expectations
- Uses advanced editing software and techniques to edit video footage and execute UI design
- Designs the best UX/UI content across all social accounts to continually update, evolve and improve user experience.
- Runs great sound effects, music, graphics, special effects and creative sound design to enhance video
- Ensuring the highest quality audio and video products.
- Ensure accurate and timely management of library, archives and musical material
- Able to build productive relationships and work in a team
- Quality product within tight deadlines
- Maintain standards and practice guidelines.
- Proactively support a healthy newsroom culture with high performance and quality commitments.
- Help the team solve technical problems and anticipate technical needs.
● Stay up to date on news and current affairs regarding Black America and the Diaspora.