Videographer/Editor – 3 month contract
Cinema Thom is an Australian female-led production house, helmed by producer/director and content strategist Arielle Thomas – hence ‘thom’. Since 2017, Arielle has built a team of world-class creators to make Cinema Thom a one-stop-shop for fashion, lifestyle and branded content.
Brands come to Thom for end-to-end production or come to the table with a niche need for video or photo content only. Either way, Thom takes a concept from ideation to unforgettable execution.
At the office the week this was published, we work with a range of clients from Kmart, AIA Insurance, Mecca, T Magazine (New York Times), Bassike and a few more!
We love what we do: Our passion shines through in every job we undertake. Fun and friendly environment: We get a lot of job satisfaction from encouraging each other and supporting everyone involved.
We are goal-oriented and driven: we manage tight turnaround times and multiple deliverables without compromising quality.
Cinema Thom is looking for an experienced Videographer/Editor to join the team on a three-month contract, with the option to join the team on a part-time or full-time basis after the contract ends.
The salary will be offered according to the experience of the candidate. Our ideal candidate will split their time between our Cremorne office and the WFH.
We focus on luxury brands and big brands and the ideal candidate will be recruited to film and edit content for these clients, as well as our internal content for our podcast launching on March 6th.
This role has a varied and flexible schedule to accommodate client demands and demands for deliverables – some evening and weekend shoots are barely included.
Are you a team player? A creative soul? A content creator and an armed videographer? Our ideal candidate knows how to handle a DSLR, can use a ronin/gimbal and has experience with Premiere Pro. Can you look at a benchmark and figure out how to create it, you have experience picking stock music that isn’t ‘too thick’. You have an eye for detail, are organized and take charge of projects.
A storyteller at heart, with an ability to convey deliverables to business clients.
KEY TASKS AND DAILY WORK
- Production of high quality 1080 and 4K video files.
- Executing high-end post-production using Premier Pro while meeting strict delivery deadlines and quality targets.
- Edit video content in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment.
- Optimized video content for various social media platforms.
- Own the projects.
- A solid understanding of Youtube, Instagram, Tik Tok and a finger on the pulse of pop culture.
SKILLS AND TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- At least three (2) years of experience in similar role(s).
- High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud programs, especially Premiere and Photoshop. Bonus if you know After Effects and Davinci well.
- Proficiency in the use and maintenance of cameras.
- Management of several projects simultaneously.
- Must have own equipment, but also be sure to use ours.