Videographer job with UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Fantastic opportunity for a videographer to join a vibrant part of the University of Sydney
- $97,975 to $106,738 + 17% superannuation (pro-rated 0.4 FTE)
- Part-time, CDD until January 2023
About the Opportunity
The University of Sydney has the opportunity to hire a Videographer to join their media production team in the Deputy Vice-Chancellor’s Indigenous Strategy and Services (DVC-ISS) portfolio.
This role requires expertise in producing and delivering a range of high-quality video and audio, including high-level skills and experience in camera operation and post-production across various genres such as learning, research and promotional media projects.
The position works under the direction of the Manager, Learning Materials Production Specialist, and has a wide range of responsibilities including:
- autonomy to make decisions about the scope and storyboard of the project
- production planning coordination
- production equipment reservations, allocation and proper handling
- finding and booking locations, including logistics for filming
- on-site coordination of cast and crew activities and
- post-production workflows and on-time delivery.
Like a Videographer, You will be instrumental in supporting the DVC-ISS portfolio and the University community to achieve its cultural competency goals, some of which include fostering strong relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- produce creative video, audio and new media content to support research, learning and engagement with innovative, practical and timely solutions
- use specialized technical operations, e.g. camera operation, lighting and sound to produce high quality audio and video content
- provide advanced digital production and post-production expertise in editing and graphics (Adobe Creative) in the production of a range of delivered media, including web, social media, LMS and social media channels streaming
- create video production scoping documents, storyboards, scripts, shotlists and call sheets for studio and location shoots
- coordinate and direct cast and crew to ensure efficient and smooth video production shoots, on time and on budget.
To keep our community safe, please review our COVID Safety Precautions which form our entry requirements for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Australian temporary residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed-term contract for the duration of their visa, depending on hiring area and position requirements.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of any required pre-employment or background checks on terms satisfactory to the University. Likewise, your continued employment is conditional on your satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary action, including the termination of your employment.
This position is designated as involving work related to children. To undertake or retain this position, you must apply and obtain a Working with Children Check Permission in accordance with Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community that reflects the larger community we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders, women, people living with a disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgroundsand those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
How to register
Apps (including a cover letter, CV and any additional supporting documents) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current University employee or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please log in to your Working day account and navigate to the Career icon on your dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable accommodation or support in completing this application, please contact Rachel Strong, Recruitment Operations, on 02 8627 7612 or email [email protected] .edu.au
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Click to see the Job Description for this role.
Sunday 05 June 2022 23:59