Windows Server System Administrator Job, Pretoria, Centurion
This Windows assistant will need to handle engineering and Windows Server environment management to ensure optimal server performance and system availability. Leadership is required for this role as they will take responsibility for strategy, planning, operational support and delivery of Windows Server technologies for this service provider business.
Seeking new challenges and growth in today’s competitive market can be difficult. Don’t miss this opportunity. Apply now!
- Relevant Microsoft Server certifications
- Cloud experience, certifications and knowledge (Advantageous)
- Experience, certifications and security knowledge on Windows server platforms (Advantageous)
- ITIL (advantageous)
- A relevant tertiary qualification will be advantageous.
- 7 years of experience in Windows Server operating systems
- 4 to 6 years of experience in team management
- Storage and networking experience in the context of operating systems
- RACI and RCA experience for P1/P2 incidents
- Disaster recovery experience
- Project management skills to oversee the implementation of projects.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting of system level issues including server crashes, operating system and network connectivity in the server environment.
- Broad understanding (compute, storage, virtualization, cloud, networking, LaaS, etc.)
- Microsoft Server System Environment Manager (2500+)
- Lead and develop the team towards deep engineering on well-architected frameworks focused on stability, security, performance and automation of operations and environmental management.
- Lead and develop strategy towards server environment architecture and design in private and public cloud environments.
- Ensure that all Windows Server environments are properly monitored, secured, patched, and backed up.
- Evaluate and recommend tools for better management of the server environment.
- Project management for the design, installation, configuration and maintenance of systems.
- Work closely with the applications team and business units for capacity planning of compute and storage environments.
- Manage disaster recovery by leveraging multiple data centers and clouds.
Reference number for this post is NN52480 which is a permanent position based at Centurions offering a cost for the company’s salary of R1.3m per year negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Nigel at [email protected] or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We provide our candidates with options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Visit the E-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or tech specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Posted Feb 21 11:27, Closing date April 22